Thursday, October 3, 2013

Initial commit

Hello world.  I'm officially in week one of my Ruby on Rails online bootcamp!  This is an exciting, and a wee bit stressful, time.  I'm embarking and path to change careers from teaching mathematics to becoming a ruby/rails web developer.
  This blog is set up to document my progress over the next 4 months through the Tealeaf bootcamp.  I hope this turns out to be a useful way to keep notes on what i'm learning as I go.  My intention is to do some brief summaries of topics each week and what i've learned or am struggling with.  While this bootcamp will take a lot of time i hope to keep myself fit and active.  So i'll also post my weekly workouts, mostly running, as I go.  My weeks start on Monday.

Mon Sep 30  AM Easy run with Zola (2.5 miles).  PM Easy track.  4 400's between 6:15 and 5:45 effort (3 miles)

Tues Oct 1  PM CC practice.  Ran with kids (4 miles)

Wed Oct 2  AM Shevlin run with Zola (5.5 miles)

Thurs Oct 3  AM 45 min lap swim.  Running around cheering kids on at meet.  My first meet as cross country coach!  Tons of fun, very proud of my runners.

Fri Oct 4  AM Shevlin run with Zo (4 miles)


Well i doubt anyone will find and read this blog, but hey if you do comments are great!

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Git is something that gets me too. I will book mark your blog for convenient access to them.

    ReplyDelete